Finding ways to get vegetables into your diet is extremely important. Vegetables are super rich in nutrients as well as antioxidants, which can help fight off disease and just boost your health in general.
Vegetables are also beneficial if you are trying to lose weight due to their low calorie count. Here we will discuss the many ways you can creatively get more veggies into your diet.
1. Make soups that have a lot of vegetables
Soups are a great way to get multiple servings of vegetables in. Just get a crock pot, put in some veggies, and make a soup!
2. Use a spiralizer to make veggie noodles.
You can insert zucchini, sweet potatoes, and carrots into a spiralizer to make veggie pasta. Once you have your veggie noodles, you can use them in any pasta recipe.
3. Make a pizza crust made from cauliflower.
Cauliflower is a very versatile vegetable, and it’s easy to do different things with it. One of these things is making a pizza crust.
4. Put veggies in your smoothies.
Making a refreshing smoothie is a great way to start the day. You can add veggies without sacrificing the flavor. Try spinach or kale.
5. Make a veggie omelet.
Omelets are excellent if you want to eat more vegetable. All you have to do is fry some eggs and use the veggies as a filling.
You see? There are five ways to get more veggies into your diet. What are some of your favorite ways to eat vegetables?
It’s highly likely that you’ve heard of the Paleo diet otherwise known as the caveman diet. It mainly consists of eating food that hasn’t been processed, the way a caveman would. But is this diet really healthy? Let’s take a look at the pros and cons here.
First, of all, let’s explain everything you can eat on the paleo diet. Here is a list of foods that are acceptable:
Vegetables that are nonstarchy like lettuce, green beans, cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and asparagus
Nuts such as walnuts, pecans, cashews, and almonds
Oils that are plant-based like olive oil
Okay so let’s start with the pros:
– It’s more likely to be a clean diet if you’re eating non-processed foods. This means no preservatives, chemicals, or additives.
– You will get more iron if you eat more red meat.
– The plant nutrients that are available in vegetables and fruits have anti-inflammatory benefits.
– With a higher intake of proteins and fats, you may feel more full in between meals.
– Because of the limited food choices, many people will lose weight.
What are the negatives?
– It’s not the most affordable diet.
– Grains and dairy can be good for energy and health, and you don’t get any of those.
– This can be a very challenging diet for vegetarians to do.
– For the majority of athletes, 3 to 6 grams of carbs per pound of body weight is needed per day. This is difficult to do with just fruits and vegetables.
So there are different pros and cons that are associated with the paleo diet. If you’re thinking about making a change to your diet, it’s important that you understand everything about the diet before you get started.
Happy New Year! With another new year comes another set of New Year’s Resolutions. For many people, this means health goals. Many of us want to lose weight, get our blood pressure down to a reasonable place, exercise more, or a million other things. Here are a few tips to help you achieve your health goals in 2018.
1. Be Specific About Your Goals
Saying something vague like “I want to lose weight” doesn’t inspire much action. Whereas if you say “I want to lose 10 pounds by the end of March,” this is a much more concrete goal. Saying something like “I want to get more sleep” isn’t great either, but if you say “I want to get eight hours of sleep every night,” that’s much easier to achieve.
The reason most people fail on their New Year’s resolutions is because they fail to define what it means for them to be successful. Take a minute, evaluate your goals, and write down what you specifically want to achieve.
2. Take Care of Yourself
So often, people will do everything they can to be healthy and lose weight, but we don’t take care of ourselves. This can mean starting a daily meditation practice, taking more bubble baths, going for more walks. Whatever it means to you, make sure you aren’t stressed out. You want to reward yourself every time you go to the gym or eat a healthy meal. Make sure you are taking time for self-care.
3. Get an Accountability Partner
You’re more likely to show up to the gym if your friend is expecting you to be in kickboxing class. You’re more likely to make healthy choices at a restaurant if you have a friend who is also making healthy choices. Pick someone that you can talk to about your goals. You can encourage each other to be healthy and make good choices in 2018.